AP Exam review material is found here on this page as well as the Calendar page and the Assignments Page. The Assignments page has practice quizzes.
See May 4 below for updated review materials.
https://kahoot.it/challenge/0959064 (Pin: 0959064)
https://kahoot.it/challenge/0153037 (Pin: 0153037)
Added May 5
This Kahoot did not get played: https://kahoot.it/challenge/020228
Practice Quizzes (Google Form)
April 29, 2019
Today we read Chapter 10 of Gross Deceptive Product by Russ England. A handout was provided for the student reflection. All student reflections are due May 7.
April 30, 2019
Today we reviewed using Quizlet Live.
May 1, 2019
The slideshow we will use (student copy…teacher copy will be posted to Assignments Page later in the day):
Today we went over what to expect on AP Exam day (May 6), strategies for testing, and some practice questions.
What to not bring to the AP Exam
- electronic devices
- cell phones
- Smart Watch
- mechanical pencils
- calculator (not allowed for APES exam)
- bad attitude…do not spread your anger and frustration to others…that is not fair to them…everyone taking the test has put in the time and effort this year and a few bad apples should not spoil everyone’s quest for a passing score on the AP Exam
What should you bring?
- Student Pack (very…very…very…important)
- Take a picture of your AP Number – you need it in July to access your scores
- 2 or 3 #2 pencils
- 2 or 3 black or dark blue ink pens
- Positive Attitude…intelligence is not fixed – our brains change daily…have a growth mindset instead of fixed mindset…BE A WINNER…not a whiner
AP Environmental Exam
- Follow the instructions of the READER…do not open the shrink wrap until instructed to do so or your scores will be invalidated. FRQs are shrink wrapped separately and will not be opened until after the break (WAIT FOR INSTRUCTIONS)
- Part 1 is 100 multiple-choice questions (90 minutes)
- first set of questions you need to read the directions
- do not leave anything blank (no punishment for incorrect answers)
- do not spend several minutes mulling over a question – do you know it or not and then move on – use strategies discussed in class
- Part 2 is 4 FRQs (90 minutes)
- Support….support….support your answers
- follow instructions for answering FRQs we discussed in class and practiced all year on test questions
- Watch the clock (average of 22.5 minutes per FRQ)
- If do not know an answer leave some space and come back if have time at the end – do not waste time
Tomorrow is Part II of the project. Check out the practice quizzes (I unlocked 5 – 7) on the Assignments page of the website. Like I said in class…these are not the same questions you will have on the test, but they are similar in content…why is one choice correct and the other choices wrong.
Some of you have your reflections ready to turn in to me. Some of you typed your answers into a Google Doc. Use the link below to provide me a link to your work (make sure you grant me access). If you typed your answers into a Word Doc you can copy and paste to a Google Doc and use the Google Form below to submit. Everyone else who wrote their answers can staple them together and start turning them in tomorrow. REMINDER TO THOSE WHO WERE ABSENT MONDAY- YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE UP THE MISSED CLASS – SEE ME IF I HAVE NOT GIVEN YOU THE YELLOW SLIP TO COME IN DURING THE FIRST HALF OF YOUR LUNCH THIS WEEK TO MAKE UP THE READING AND REFLECTION OF CH. 10)
REVIEW TOMORROW MORNING for PART II IN MY ROOM at 7:30am.
Weekend review for AP Exam will be at school in my room. The review Monday morning is from 8 – 11am. Do not skip class to attend the review session Monday. Ask your teacher if it will be ok to miss class so you can prepare for the AP Exam. You can come and go to the review session as necessary (maybe you come during 1st , leave 2nd, and return 3rd for example).
May 4, 2019
I suggested to the group which came today for review that they should tonight and tomorrow watch the Bozeman AP Environmental Science video series to review for the AP Exam. As you watch the videos jot down a few notes to help with memory and recall later. Watch all of these videos and thinking while you are watching them will help you a lot for the AP Exam. To help you prioritize the first 9 are VERY, VERY IMPORTANT.
I promised a video on El Nino (possible FRQ)
If you have time to watch more videos:
Do not forget practice quizzes are available on the Assignments page of the website.
Additional Kahoot challenges:
Here are some review resources in addition to what is found on the website.
Check the website (AP Exam page, Assignments page, and Calendar page)
May 6, 2019
Review in classroom for APES Exam from 8am to 11:30am
May 7, 2019
Reflections due for Gross Deceptive Product. Students can work on recovery or study for other AP Exams, etc.
May 8, 2019
Mrs. Brown is proctoring an AP Exam in the classroom. All students report to the cafeteria. Read email explaining expectations for days Mrs. Brown is proctoring an AP Exam.
May 9, 2019
Mrs. Brown proctoring an AP Exam.
May 10, 2019
Students working on recovery. Check Home Access Center for grade on Semester Project. I am grading those in the order it was turned in.